Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation or Oral Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A parent or legal guardian must accompany the patient to the office if under the age of 18. Patients over the age of 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Rides for sedated patients MUST remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with short sleeves, low-heeled shoes, do not wear hosiery and do not wear your hair in a ponytail.
- Please remove tongue or lip piercings if possible.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Kinney prior to your surgical date for instructions.